Peachtree Christian Church
Addition and Renovation
Peachtree Christian Church’s ambitious multi-project Master Plan included new construction and extensive remodeling. Additions include administration spaces, child development center, education area, fellowship hall, music rooms, parking deck, wellness center, and youth ministry areas. A new outdoor courtyard and spiritual path physically and visually unifies this new wing and the remodeled existing church.
Van Winkle’s remodeling work spans the historic church’s existing three levels including the sanctuary, organ, and Burns Hall contemporary worship space.
Childtown Development Center
This design-build addition was the first Van Winkle completed for Peachtree Christian Church. The completed Childtown serves approximately 98 children. The center includes administrative offices, classrooms, parent resource room, kitchen, nurseries, restrooms, and playground.
The Burns Hall portion of the Peachtree Christian Church project entailed converting an older fellowship hall into a contemporary worship space in the span of six weeks.
Van Winkle added insulated ceiling tiles and wall panels to improve facility acoustics. New lighting, A/V, theatrical lighting, carpet, and sound booth support contemporary worship services and improve the church’s production capabilities. Other stage additions include two wall extensions and television niches as well as new column covers to provide side lighting. Other mill work finishes included new front stage trim and stage doors.
Historic Preservation and Renovations
Sanctuary renovations included refurbishment of select finishes including the historic organ and stained glass windows.
Van Winkle’s fourth project at Peachtree Christian Church, the new Spiritual Path, included creating tunnel access through the existing church building into the existing interior courtyard. Project scope also included visual unification of the existing campus’ exterior appearance, which includes the new Childtown wing, the original church constructed in 1920, and two adjacent buildings completed in the 1960s.
This tight site project proved a challenge for equipment management and materials transportation.